About a month ago, I spent a weekend at the Western Martial Arts Workshop, which was in Racine this year. It was 3 days of fun and intensive training in all sorts of European historical fighting methods, and was generally a blast and a half. Great mayhem ensued, and I'm sorely tempted to go again next year, even though it's going to be in Dallas.
Anyway, some pictures:
Here I am taking a knife away from a very nice fellow named "Chris", I think. This was in Roger Siggs' class on dagger techniques from Marozzo's Opera Nova, written in 1536.

And here I am being cleaved neatly in twain by Rob Lovett, who is a very large, surprisingly graceful man, and who was teaching a class on Fiore Dei Liberi's Flos Duellatorum from around 1410.

I haven't had a chance to browse through all of the pictures they've posted, but at least in these two I don't look too excessively bald. Sigh. Ah, well. I suppose I wasn't all that good-looking to begin with... :-)
I do get to have fun playing with swords, though, which makes up for a lot!
2 comments:
Looks neat. Pete said it was a rockin' time...especially with the swordplay-on-horseback stuff!
Dammit, I wish I could've gone. Ah well.
Playing with swords makes everything better. :)
Good pics of you gettin' thrown about by Pete as well! ;)
Mounted combat ROCKS.
Post a Comment