Saturday, June 17, 2006

What! No Pictures?

The thrilling excitement of my life is such that I am reduced to blogging while I wait for three small bottles of clear liquid to cool down to room temperature so I can put bacteria in them. Woo-hoo! Also, Anita is convinced that I go to work only to spite her.

Regardless, great fun and progress is being made. I bought some little baby herb plants at the farmer's market and planted them in a big half whiskey barrel outside the kitchen door today. Hopefully they'll grow up to be tasty. The herb man (hereafter referred to as "Herb") was pretty helpful, and said that I'd probably be able to start picking things in a month or so. I've got cilantro, parsley, oregano, thyme, and two kinds of basil. Mmm. Thanks, Herb!

We also rented the new (well, newish) Battlestar Galactica miniseries and watched through the first half of it last night. Good stuff so far. Definitely an improvement over the original, despite my fond memories of channel 24 Saturday afternoon bad sci-fi marathons... (Original Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers, back to back. It was a gloriously mind-numbing way to spend a geeky afternoon.) If it continues to be this good, we may be forced to rent the TV series, too.

All right. That should do it. Excuse me while I return to my regularly scheduled toying-with-the-very-stuff-of-life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new BSG ROCKS. Judd and I stayed up for a week straight practically to get through the miniseries and the first season. Heh-- and then we loaned them to Pete and Lily, who finished them in only a few days by just watching them for like, 10 hours at a stretch (no kidding).

DEFINITELY rent or Netflix the first season.

Mike said...

Absolutely! We finished off the miniseries Sunday night, and are just blown away. It's intense stuff. I think it's likely to be the straw that finally makes us subscribe to Netflix...

(It's all part of my secret plan to stealthily convert Anita into as big a geek as I am... I figure getting her addicted to science fiction TV shows is as good a foothold as any. To this day she unwinds from very stressful days by watching an episode of Firefly :-)

Anonymous said...

Definitely get the series. The finale of the most recent season was really excellent. I just wish it wasn't so long between "seasons".