Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lab Morning

Ah, yes, another delightful Sunday morning in the laboratory...

I think I'm starting to get a handle on how to make my experiments turn out pretty enough to publish. It's a little frustrating - I know what the gene does, which is the cool and interesting part, but to actually publish it I need to make pretty pictures, which has been a real technical hassle. Ah, well. It'll work eventually. With a bit of luck, I'll have all the data I need for this paper done by the end of the week, when my parents are arriving for an extended weekend of fun and excitement.

Anyhow, I'd better go check on the HPLC. I think I've managed to clog another column, but it's possible I'll be able to unstick whatever's in there. It involves acetonitrile, of course (all the fun properties of methanol and cyanide in one convenient package!), but it could be worse.

Mneh. I should make tea, too.

No comments: