Monday, December 04, 2006

But I Do Still Remember How To Play!

Well, I may no longer be this stylish, but I do still seem to have this banjo on hand, and blimey if I haven't actually gone and recorded some music tonight! Call it a celebration of 10 years of jug band music...

So mosey on over to Old Timey, Dammit for the first update in nigh on a year. It's a Kevin McKrell tune called "I Don't Remember", which is, ironically, a fiendishly difficult song to remember all the words to. Every other line starts with "I don't remember..." something or other. Oy. It's a sort of a love song, and sort of a drinking song, and definitely a song about womens and the way they is.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, and hope your day was as successful and promising as mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love that picture of us from Tammany.

Mike, that's a really great recording. Good to see another tune added to your library.

Mike said...

Glad you liked it! I've been kicking myself for not recording more, but it's a matter of being home by myself for a couple of hours with no distractions, which doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Amanda said...

So it took me forever to read this post and discover your banjo tunes (Dan already knew when I yelled across the house in joy), and I now have a goal to add parts and maybe put some tunes up of my own. Cheers! This rocks!abw@