Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day!

Terrific concert by the Old Crow Medicine Show last night.

I had no idea they were so popular! The place was packed with college kids dancing and singing along, girls screaming, the whole bit. Pretty cool. Especially since one of the songs they all knew and sang along with was Woody Guthrie's "Union Maid". Gives you hope for the younger generation. :-)

That fiddler of theirs is setting himself up for carpal tunnel. These boys don't play anything at a speed less than break-neck crazy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go brush up my banjo-picking.

4 comments:

Roman said...

They look like grad students, but play and sing like gut-bucket hobos. You gotta love that.

Mike said...

I'm jealous. The best we ever managed was to look like hobos and sound like graduate students. Sigh.

At least I can feel properly educated by having the original versions of all their songs on CD...

(I just noticed, it looks like their CDs are on sale for $12 this month. Hmmm.)

Roman said...

Looks like Old Crow Medicine Show is coming to Rochester in late June. I'll have to see them for myself!

Mike said...

Go for it! You won't regret it.