Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Furniture


We ordered a nice Lazy Boy reclining chair before we left for Hawaii, and this week's big excitement was it's arrival. It's super nice. Now we have a comfy place to sit! As long as you're willing to displace the cat... This picture was taken about 2 minutes after we got the chair set up. Say what you will about Kaiyo, he has excellent taste in furniture.

For my part, I've been listening to lots of Moxy Fruvous, and declaring life to be rich and sweet. How's things with you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Moxy Fruvous...

In Physics class just before Feb. vacation, we listened to Physics songs. They had to bring in a "nerdy" song that was actually about Physics, and also a song that could be interpreted as being about Physics. My entry for nerd song was Fruvous' "Entropy". But our favorite was this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inyRRljnofs
For interpretive songs, one of my students had a song by the band Devotcha, which features a theremin. He asked if I knew what one was. "Why yes," I replied, "the jug band had one. we built it from a kit."
Where did we get that kit from, and how much was it? They want to make one now.

Roman said...

Hot Pants was the prime motivator of building the theremin. I should be seeing him soon - I'll have to ask him.

Mike said...

Dan might know, too. Hmmm.

A quick search doesn't turn up anything familiar, and I'm sure we didn't talk Kommittee into paying $300 for the Moog kit.

What's Hot Pants been up to? He visited Madison a couple of years ago, but last I hear he was in France for some reason.