Today was the day of pretending to be a social butterfly of the highest order. We went to two barbeque / picnic things today, one with a bunch of microbiologists and one with some co-workers of Anita's, so we both got to spend hours hobnobbing with people we don't really know and eating mysterious food of dubious provenance. Needless to say, we're a bit frazzled by the whole experience. Normally we don't interact with people this much in a month.
However, several important lessons were learned:
1. Soaking peaches in balsamic vinegar and rosemary and then grilling them is actually a really good idea.
2. I suck at kickball. Anita is a vicious kickball machine.
3. Veterinarians supply better beer at picnics, on average, than microbiologists.
4. Mustard stains turn red when you rub detergent into them, but then pretty much disappear after they dry.
I think I'm set for fun for the weekend. I intend to spend the rest of it sleeping, if it's all the same to you. Good night.
Saturday, June 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment