Thursday, October 20, 2005

Oh, I'm rockin' now.


So, over at florn.net Mr. Adinolfi is preparing his 50th podcast, which is pretty dang awesome. I'm given to understand that he's soliciting sound recordings for said podcast, so I decided to get off my butt and record something.

Tune your internet-caster to Old Timey, Dammit for my latest musical extrusion. It's an old Appalachian dance tune called "Cluck Old Hen", has lyrics that make not one lick of sense, and is an absolute hoot to play. I need to find me a fiddle player, darn it. But first, I need to finish this beer. Mmmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent song, Mike. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, I had completely forgotten how My Gal went. And I couldn't download and listen to it b/c my old comp didn't have realplayer. But my new one does, and I finally remembered to download it.
Anyway, as I said, I couldn't for the life of me remember how the song went. So the balloon solo took me completely by surprise, and I laughed for like 5 minutes. It really made my day.

Roman said...

I like the Old Hen tune. Also, that beer sounds pretty good, but "don't make any plans to drive in traffic" strong.

Mike said...

I love that balloon solo. It's far and away the best thing we recorded back then, if you ask me.

The beer was excellent, and fortunately my recording studio is only one short flight of stairs from my refrigerator, so no heavy machinery is involved. I can safely get myself drunk enough to play jug band music any old time I want to.