Loads of Science to do, but I should note that this was an awesome weekend before manacling myself to the bench once again.
Dan and Amanda came to visit us from North Carolina for the weekend, and a great deal of fun and excitement was had. Dan's new hobby is photography, so he has lots of extremely high-quality photos of the festivities, which I'll pass on a few of once I get hold of them. We spent most of the time going to good restuarants - the Great Dane, Francois' Cafe, Restaurant Muramoto, to name a few - and soaking in the last few nice days of the Fall. We stayed well clear of the State Street riots on Saturday night, but did go to a costume party on Sunday night at John and Autumn's place, at which we established that physics graduate students are even dorkier (on average) than microbiology graduate students. It was a good time.
Anyway, I must get back to work, but hey, if anyone else wants to come visit us, we've got a very comfy futon!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Riots? Were they football related/inspired? Or is Madison reliving the 60s?
Wait, Madison has been reliving the 60s for the last 35 years. Must be football, then.
No, nothing to do with football, just the annual Halloween, um, festivities. For the last few years, the party (75 - 100,000 people) downtown has gotten out of hand when the bars let out at 2. No property damage or bonfires in the streets this year, but I believe this is the 3rd year in row the police have dispersed the crowd with pepper spray. Most people seem to have been sensible, but when a few hundred idiots start throwing garbage at riot police, the tear gas is going to fly.
So, um, basically reliving the 60s, but without all that pesky idealism.
Post a Comment