Sunday, July 16, 2006

And She Said Yes!


Exciting news! Anita and I have gotten engaged!

I've been living with the most wonderful, amazing woman for over three years now, and I finally realized that it would be really dumb to let her get away. It's a really strange and scary and wonderful feeling. We feel very grown-up. We even went to the jewelry store and picked out an engagement ring, so it's official.

So, life is good, and things are happy here in Madison this week. Hope things are good for you all, too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!!

Congratulations, guys! Wow, I can't stop smiling. :)

You guys rock.

Roman said...

That is fantastic. Congratulations all around!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I think maybe I had a psychic flash or something yesterday, because for some strange reason I found myself wondering what sort of cultural mish-mash of a ceremony you and Anita would have if you ever got married. And if you'd wear a yarmulka. (did I spell that right?)

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov!

Mike said...

Thanks!

We have no idea what our wedding will be like. I doubt any yarmulkes will be involved, but we haven't even really thought about it. We're still trying to wrap our brains around being engaged.

:-)

Anonymous said...

w00t! Congrats!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!! YAY!!!!! :):):):):):) My Mom was super happy when I told her, too. Nice ring as well. Beautimus!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mike and Anita! I loved seeing you together at our house. You always sat on the same side of the table, so you looked up and saw the same thing at the same time. And you snuggled together and talked softly. It warmed the cockles of my heart! You should be together!