Thursday, March 06, 2008

Terribly Remiss

I've been a miserable blogger of late.

Jorge has this plan to get the department to give me a fellowship (so he doesn't have to pay for me anymore, presumably), and I've been scrambling to get myself together for that. Most of the manuscript is done, though. A little biochemistry, one more chat with the evolutionary biologist, and I should have everything I need. (Cross your fingers and think good thoughts about HPLC.)

I've also started going to a jiu-jitsu class just down the road. Time to whip myself into shape, I think, and it gives me something to do while Anita is off shooting arrows at things. So far they've made me sweat pretty well, but not broken any major bones. Also, I now have a gi with a comically badly drawn badger on it. They only had the black ones in my size - I look like a balding cheese ninja. The young, well-muscled natives seem friendly, but I have yet to decipher all of their curious rituals.

Tomorrow we're getting together with some friends for a Scotch tasting at Barriques, up on Monroe St. It should be fun. Anita wasn't sure if she liked Scotch, so I took her to Vom Fass and they gave her a sample of the 24-year old single malt. She likes Scotch. :-) I will give a full report.

We're off to North Carolina for a visit with Dan and Amanda next weekend, so that's the big thing we're looking forward to in life. I understand it's spring there. And they have barbeque.

4 comments:

Saturday Movie Matinee said...

I'm taking MMA classes in Cortland and taking Coach Seaman's MMA class at Cornell.

Next time we're in the same time, we should wrassle!

- Judd

Amanda said...

Hmm...I will contemplate on finding good bbq while doing my non-dangerous yoga. :)

Mike said...

Sounds like fun, Judd!

Tell Sifu Kevin I say hi. They're letting him teach MMA as a gym class now?

Saturday Movie Matinee said...

Yeah, there is an MMA class at Cornell now; it was good fun. I mentioned that you and I were buddies and that you were a good martial artist and Kevin said, "He'd better be; I kicked his ass for five years."

Drop me a line, judd.karlman at gmail dot com. I've lost your e-mail.

- Judd