Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We have a date!

A graduation date, that is. Looks like I'll be turning in my thesis on May 15th, 2010. Woo! A little over a year, and we'll bid Madison adieu.

Strictly speaking, I've got enough to graduate now. (Paper number three just got accepted - we're just waiting on the proofs.) It just doesn't make a ton of sense to be in a big rush to leave. I'm being really productive, and can probably get out two or three more papers in the next year pretty easily. Universities are hurting for money right now, too, so it's probably smart to stay someplace funded until the old economy starts to swing back up again.

Having a date is a huge relief, though. I can finally start to really think about what I need to do and when I need to have things done by. I'm excited. I'm starting to feel a little old to still be a "student", you know?

4 comments:

Roman said...

Excellent! Any leads on post-docs/faculty positions yet? Or is it way too soon?

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the date and the belt! (And a belated happy birthday!)

Mike said...

It's a little early to look for postdocs, but I've definitely been thinking about it. We're focusing on the Bay Area or maybe Seattle as places which would be cool to live for a year or two. There's a lot of cool science going on out west.

Judd said...

Congrats on the choking and the learning!