We had ourselves an evening of Celtic entertainment last night. (Man, we need to get out of the house more...)
We went downtown and had dinner at Brocach, the "Irish" pub on the Capitol Square. They try a little too hard, but the food's not bad, and I have nothing to say against the beer. A nice little cultural warm-up for...
Solas, at the Overture Center. They were amazing, as always. They've gone through another singer, though. The woman who's been singing with them for the last several years has decided to move on, so they had a new girl, who was actually pretty good. More Appalachian than Irish vocal stylings, but it worked. I may have to pick up her other band's album, which sounds like it's probably good, from the demo clips on their site.
We did pick up a copy of Solas' latest, a live recording CD and DVD of their ten-year reunion concert, with all the current and former members. Haven't had a chance to give it a listen yet, but it can only be good. (It's occurred to me that I first saw Solas at Kennedy Hall, which must have been in 1997 or so, which means [if last year was their 10th anniversary], that they'd only been together for a year or so then. They were pretty good then, too, if I recall.)
Anyhow, I should go and inoculate some bacteria. Life continues to be rich and fascinating, right? Of course right.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment