Crazy, crazy weekend.
The heat, of course, is appalling. My brain stops functioning or being capable of sleep at around 85°F, so that's been fun, for starters. I've also had to work a lot this weekend - 5 hours yesterday, 2 hours so far today - which is actually not so bad, since there's AC and a -20°C walk-in freezer. However, it's still work.
Anita's been pretty stressed lately, too. Her boss is out of town, and there's been nothing but crisis after crisis at the clinic. She got a call during breakfast today about a cat which had been staying at the clinic being treated for diabetes which the kennel worker found lying on the floor outside of it's cage not moving first thing this morning. Of course, Anita had to go over to try to figure out what happened, and the clinic is an hour away. I haven't heard back from her yet, but whatever happens, it can't be good. So she doesn't get a break this weekend, either.
On the positive side, Hot Pants came to visit. He apparently had a conference in Chicago this week, so he called me up, rented a car, and cruised on up for the afternoon yesterday. It was fun. We wandered around town, caught up on old times, and drank more than we probably should have. The Italian restaurant on State St. turns out to be excellent. He applied peer pressure for another jug band reunion gig at Risley, since he missed the last one. I'm slightly dubious, since we don't know anyone who lives there anymore, but I expect I'll be back in New York sometime before next winter, so perhaps something can be coordinated. (Although I'd probably be just as happy with a good rollicking porch jam, honestly.)
Anyway, back to the salt mines. I'm debating whether the answer to all my problems is Tea or Sleep. Both seem reasonable, but they are more or less mutually exclusive. This is the kind of critical decision which drives my current existence.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment